Understanding Obfuscated Scripts¶
.pyarmor_capsule.zip in the
HOME path called Global
Capsule. It’s created implicitly when executing command
obfuscate. PyArmor will read data from Global Capsule when
obfuscating scripts or generating licenses for obfuscated scripts.
After the scripts are obfuscated by PyArmor, in the dist folder you find all the files you distribute to your users:
myscript.py mymodule.py _pytransform.so, or _pytransform.dll in Windows, _pytransform.dylib in MacOS pytransform.py pytransform.key license.lic
The obfuscated scripts are normal Python scripts.
The module dist/mymodule.py would be like this:
__pyarmor__(__name__, __file__, b'\x06\x0f...')
The entry script dist/myscript.py would be like this:
from pytransfrom import pyarmor_runtime pyarmor_runtime() __pyarmor__(__name__, __file__, b'\x0a\x02...')
The first 2 lines in the entry script called Bootstrap Code. It’s only in the entry script:
from pytransfrom import pyarmor_runtime pyarmor_runtime()
Except obfuscated scripts, all the other files are called Runtime Files:
- pytransform.py, a normal python module
- _pytransform.so, or _pytransform.dll, or _pytransform.dylib a dynamic library implements core functions
- pytransform.key, data file
- license.lic, the license file for obfuscated scripts
All of them are required to run obfuscated scripts.
There is a special runtime file license.lic. The default one,
which generated as executing
pyarmor obfuscate, allows obfuscated
scripts run in any machine and never expired.
To change this behaviour, use command
pyarmor licenses to generate
new license.lic and overwrite the default one.
Running Obfuscated Scripts¶
The obfuscated scripts is a normal python script, it can be run by normal python interpreter:
cd dist python myscript.py
Firt Bootstrap Code is executed:
- Import pyarmor_runtime from pytransform.py
- Execute pyarmor_runtime
- Load dynamic library _pytransform by ctypes
- Check license.lic in the same path
- Add there builtin functions __pyarmor__, __enter_armor__, __exit_armor__
- Call __pyarmor__ to import the obfuscated module.
- Call __enter_armor__ to restore code object of function before executing each function
- Call __exit_armor__ to obfuscate code object of function after each function return
Key Points to Use Obfuscated Scripts¶
The obfuscated script is a normal python script, so it can be seamless to replace original script.
There is only one thing changed, the following code must be run before using any obfuscated script:
from pytransform import pyarmor_runtime pyarmor_runtime()
It must in the obfuscated script and only be called one time in the same Python interpreter. It will create some builtin function to deal with obfuscated code.
The extra runtime file pytransform.py must be in any Python path in target machine. pytransform.py need load dynamic library _pytransform by ctypes. It may be
- _pytransform.so in Linux
- _pytransform.dll in Windows
- _pytransform.dylib in MacOS
This file is dependent-platform, download the right one to the same path of pytransform.py according to target platform. All the prebuilt dynamic libraries list here
By default pytransform.py search dynamic library _pytransform in the same path. Check pytransform._load_library to find the details.
All the other Runtime Files should in the same path as dynamic library _pytransform
from pytransform import pyarmor_runtime pyarmor_runtime('/path/to/runtime-files')
Two types of license.lic¶
In PyArmor, there are 2 types of license.lic
- license.lic of PyArmor, which locates in the source path of PyArmor. It’s required to run pyarmor
- license.lic of Obfuscated Scripts, which is generated as obfuscating scripts by the end user of PyArmor. It’s required to run the obfuscated scripts.
The relation between 2 license.lic is:
license.lic of PyArmor --> .pyarmor_capsule.zip --> license.lic of Obfuscated Scripts
When obfuscating scripts with command pyarmor obfuscate or pyarmor build, the Global Capsule is used implicitly. If there is no Global Capsule, PyArmor will read license.lic of PyArmor as input to generate the Global Capsule.
When runing command pyarmor licenses, it will generate a new license.lic for obfuscated scripts. Here the Global Capsule will be as input file to generate this license.lic of Obfuscated Scripts.