The software is distributed as Free To Use But Restricted. Free trial version never expires, the limitations are
- The maximum size of code object is 35728 bytes in trial version
- The scripts obfuscated by trial version are not private. It means anyone could generate the license file which works for these obfuscated scripts.
- Without permission the trial version may not be used for the Python scripts of any commercial product.
About the license file of obfuscated scripts, refer to The License File for Obfuscated Script
A registration code is required to obfuscate big code object or generate private obfuscated scripts.
There are 2 basic types of licenses issued for the software. These are:
A personal license for home users. The user purchases one license to use the software on his own computer.
Home users may use their personal license to obfuscate all the python scripts which are property of the license owner, to generate private license files for the obfuscated scripts and distribute them and all the required files to any other machine or device.
A enterprise license for business users. The user purchases one license to use the software for one product serials of an organization.
Business users may use their enterprise license on all computers and embedded devices to obfuscate all the python scripts of this product serials, to generate private license files for these obfuscated scripts and distribute them and all the required files to any other machine and device.
Without permission of the software owner the license purchased for one product serials should not be used for other product serials. Business users should purchase new license for different product serials.
To buy a license, please visit the following url
A registration keyfile generally named “pyarmor-regfile-1.zip” will be sent to your email immediately after payment is completed successfully. There are 3 files in the archive:
- license.lic (registration code)
- .pyarmor_capsule.zip (private capsule)
Run the following command to take this keyfile effects:
pyarmor register /path/to/pyarmor-regfile-1.zip
Check the registeration information:
If the version of PyArmor < 5.6, unzip this registration file, then
- Copy “license.lic” in the archive to the installed path of PyArmor
- Copy “.pyarmor_capsule.zip” in the archive to user HOME path
After the registration keyfile takes effect, you need obfuscate the scripts again.
The registration code is valid forever, it can be used permanently.